Learning is not about how much one can wedge up. Instead, it is about the knowledge that remains throughout life after one forgets what they learned in school. Keeping this in mind, and the need for learning through visuals and activities, ‘smart class’ was introduced.
Technology has benefited a vast range of industries. Smart classes got introduced as the new teaching method where instructional material and 3D animated modules and videos are used to impart lessons to students. Nowadays, students are ecstatic to follow learning through this innovative and interactive process. Smart classrooms have not only made learning interesting but have also enhanced students’ performance.
What is a smart class?
A smart class helps the learners process information, build background knowledge, and transform their learning into productive outcomes. Various assessments are also woven into the smart class process to build thoughtful and advanced learning for students. A smart class can be considered as a virtual classroom. Smart classrooms also replicate real classroom capabilities.
A smart classroom provides the students and teachers with virtual interactive sessions, access to adaptive and collaborative learning, performance-based assessments, and developing students' abilities and performance.
Objectives of Smart Class:
- Customising content as per the school's scheme of work.
- Designing a module of smart class, allowing students to visualise the concept with visuals and animations that they will never forget.
- Enabling teachers to express their views and ensuring that every child understands the undertaken lessons.
- Helping teachers to meet new challenges and developing students' abilities and performance.
- Instructing remote and local students simultaneously.
- Providing a facility to update the content.
- Enabling teachers to access multimedia content and pedagogically sound and visually rich curriculum resources that can be used for efficiently teaching students.
- Ensuring easy understanding of lessons and making abstract concepts real.
- Having interactive and live teaching sessions elaborating and comparing different objects and perceptions towards particular concepts.
- Improving creative thinking in the learning process, visualising the concepts, and practicing with models and demonstrations.
- Effectively blending of technology with traditional classroom aspects, and informing the teachers of classroom events.
- Making learning an enjoyable and comfortable experience for students with different activities and games.
- Taking a step towards development where students' achievements are highlighted.
- Optimising the use of e-resources wise e-books, e-journals, protocols, lecture notes, documentaries, etc.
ELEMENTS OF A SMART CLASS:
Smartboards or interactive whiteboards can be considered like a modified document camera. Presentations on a smartboard are more vigorous and in-depth. Using an Internet-connected stylus, teachers can write on the pictures or documents displayed on the board. Teachers can share and save the lessons taught on the smartboard and past lessons can be revisited too.
- Cloud-based communication systems:
Smart classes broaden the scope of students' exposure daily. Virtual interactive sessions can be held using internet communication services like voice-over-IP and web conferencing.
Nowadays, other than laptops and smartphones, e-readers is the new favourite of students. Yoking familiar technology helped students to engage and feel more comfortable with the online learning process. Also, eBooks or electronic copies of textbooks provide students with links to additional study material, allowing them to go through the concepts in depth. Additionally, at the end of a session, key concept summaries and digital flashcards covering the lesson plan can also be provided.
LEAD’S Smart Class. ONE-OF-ITS-KIND.
The key to availing benefits of smart classes is to manage them effectively and efficiently. With LEAD, teachers, and students can have their hands on the elements of smart class such as Digital Learning Content, Physical Reader and Workbooks, Learning activities, E-books, Regular assessments and Practices, quizzes, Personalised revisions, Home practice, live classes from a LEAD expert teacher, Doubt clarification, and National competitions.
Learning at LEAD School gives conceptual clarity in Math and Science with the ‘Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract’ approach to Math and the ‘Learning by Doing’ approach to Science. With the help of LEAD’s smart classes, teachers are always ready with engaging & effective lesson plans, teaching resources, on-demand training, remedial planning, student progress reports, reports for PTMs, and constant feedback.
Smart classes have enhanced the quality of education globally. Specialised software not only optimises the needs of a specific class but also enhances the learning process using digital technology.