This year, the delivery model of education that largely remained unchanged for centuries has suddenly been disrupted owing to the ongoing crisis and according to some experts, this could be a permanent shift toward online learning.
But what exactly was happening before the globe jolted and changed its academic functioning? Online education for centuries has been seen as a low priority experiment sector where ‘old’ ways were considered to be good and stable. But both these adjectives were consuming the efficiency and novelty that this sector promises. eLearning isn’t the same as the visceral experience of expressing or discussing in the physical boundaries of the classroom but its scope and advantages have surpassed that physical structure. Experts believe the innovations teachers use during the outbreak may lead to lasting change, with technology playing a bigger role in schools in the future.
This sudden switch is not only limited to private schools but even several government schools have also started running smart classes. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Not only will this shift help students from getting their education disrupted but will also help propel the quality of the country’s education which needed an overhaul anyway. As they say, real change takes place in a deep crisis.
But are students ready for smart schools?
The sudden replacement of traditional classrooms with computer screens is a change that no one forecasted. Strolling across the hallway with friends or just the camaraderie of school life has gone without a promise of a comeback. Even for those students who loathed going to school are now missing activities they then took for granted.
But are smart schools filling in the gaps that have been created with the closure of schools?
With the advent of technology, the boring hour-long sessions in a typical classroom is replaced by interesting and fun-filled online interactive learning courses. Digital education in India is on a mission to make life easier for both, students and educators.
Students have been seen taking interest in those online learning platforms where the mode of imparting knowledge remains interesting, engaging, and non-complicated. Mere eLearning is not a revolution that students need, it just remains a mode to connect students with the teachers. It doesn’t simplify the process, it doesn’t make the curriculum interesting and it definitely doesn’t offer interesting ways to teachers to impart education. It just remains a bridge where parents and students meet.
But is the modern-day education just about connecting them both? Contemporary education especially when the privilege of walking in the school corridor and raising hands in the class gets eliminated is more about holistic development, easy delivery of lessons, and an interesting yet wholesome curriculum.
To combat this issue, online learning platforms have surfaced that renders more than just the eLearning and is more effective than just ‘online classes’. To deal with the challenges that befall children during online learning and give them the comfort of regular ‘school life’, there are some aspects that smart classes have devised. A slew of benefits that students enjoy with smart classes are:
- Trained teachers: Smart Classes train teachers to make an effective change in the class and equip them with the necessary skills that are required to make an environment of the class healthy. Requisite lesson plans and a digital device loaded with a detailed and comprehensive lesson plan ensures high quality of implementation of the curriculum. Students take more interest in their classes if teachers have a plan and ooze confidence.
- Comprehensive curriculum: Smart classes have meticulously crafted curriculum that makes education fun and students can be seen participating in class activities more than before. Using pictorial and abstract methods of teaching, inculcating the learn-by-doing approach, devising quizzes, and fun activities as a part of their curriculum makes this platform relevant for the current times.
- Involved parents: The involvement of parents in their child’s academic life remains crucial. Smart classes feature such as performance reports, videos for further and at-home learning, unit progress, pictures from classwork, etc. keep parents involved resulting in the accelerated growth of their child.
- Better performing students: When the entire curriculum is streamlined, teachers are better trained and have a better pool of resources, parents participate more than before and every class is assisted by an extracurricular activity, a student ends up being more engaged and hence performs better.
These attributes of online learning systems make a class ‘smart’ and enhance students’ overall performance.
How LEAD School is further easing the platform of smart classes?
To make this online shift easier and seamless for students, LEAD School ensures that children are least affected by the change that has taken place in their lives. The grounding of LEAD School is based on:
- Customised timetable for schools
- Live and recorded classes
- Doubt solving
- Online Assessments
- Social and emotional support
Aspects like Digital Learning Content, Physical Reader & Workbooks, Learning activities, E-books, Regular assessments & Practices quizzes, Personalised revisions, Home practice, live classes from a LEAD expert teacher, Doubt clarification, and National competitions, further make the class interesting.
These seamless ways have made the life of students easier where they are not struggling to put their academic life on track. Students can learn better than before, they can navigate through the easy interface, can arrange their schedule, can access learning material with an easy touch, can even pay school fees with a click of a button. So though this change was unforeseen, LEAD School has made the transition better.
Be Smart School ready with LEAD School.
To talk to a LEAD specialist today, click here!