Making a timetable for kids is no more about using coloured fancy pens, ticking a few boxes, and seeing them grow. It is more about giving them enough space and breather from rote learning with the help of a well-curated timetable.
Schooling is the most crucial aspect of a child’s life. Schools and parents must ensure that a child is not just becoming ‘literate’ while being at school but is doing equally well in other aspects of his/her life too. If a child’s day is mindfully divided between academics and extra-curricular activities, chances are he/she will do better in the latter part of his/her life including higher studies and even professional tenure. Sadly, class lectures alone don’t make a child wise. Time management and self-management skills are some key qualities that should be instilled in kids at an early age. Efficient time management lets your child work smartly and allows them to achieve more work in lesser time.
But ever since the dynamics of the Indian households evolved, parents have ‘little’ to ‘no’ time to contribute to their ward’s studies, and just when they thought they got it all figured out, things got worse with school closures. In these circumstances, parents turned to online classes to seek respite. Owing to the novel pandemic and the changes it brought along with it, it became obscure for parents to manage their kid's timetable efficiently.
Most online classes remain haphazardly planned which leaves no scope for other activities. Children usually remain busy decoding the virtual classes and parents remain perplexed too.
Virtual classes have made it impossible for kids to juggle between their academic and fun time since they keep struggling with their online classes till dusk. Parents are seen struggling with a lot of issues. Some of them are:
- Managing homeschooling while making ends meets during the economic crisis gets difficult.
- Parents are confused about their kid’s learning patterns since online learning has created immense confusion.
- The fun element of old school learning such as a playground, laboratories, etc has vanished, Amid this, parents are facing difficulty in ensuring a balance between academics and extra-curricular activities.
- Parents are not even sure if the concepts that are being taught during online classes are being understood by their children.
- They worry about the holistic development of their child since online platforms only facilitate learning but not ‘quality learning’.
How can an ideal timetable be planned
An ideal timetable for kids should be made in a way that not only boosts their academic journey but also takes care of their hobbies including extra-curricular activities.
As online learning took the education space by storm, it has become easier for parents to plan the timetable for their kids in an effective way. The ERP-enabled school gives the luxury to parents to navigate through their child’s classes, schedule, other activities, and plan a timetable for kids accordingly. Not just that, the curriculum at ERP-powered schools is equipped with games, quizzes, etc. which help the student engage more with their teachers, leaving a little scope for boredom.
How is LEAD School facilitating this?
Parents want excellent learning for their kids which will help them become Capable Adults, Responsible Citizens, and Good Human Beings for which they need to Learn well, Think Deep and Do Good.
Schools across India are now progressing towards ‘Integrated System’ learning. If you are a parent who is looking for a guaranteed result; a comprehensive curriculum; Integrated System Based Teaching, then LEAD School is your one-stop solution.
The LEAD School Student & Parent App allows parents of partner schools to track the progress of their child in school by keeping them updated on:
- Unit Progress: Know which units are completed and what your kid has learned.
- Attendance: Check your kid's attendance in school every day.
- Assessments: View reports on the student grade and scores by the student in different assessments.
These aspects will help parents plan the timetable for kids efficiently.
Sometimes, parents fail to chalk out a perfect timetable for kids which can affect their learning curve. To combat this, the curriculum of LEAD School is segregated in an interesting way where academics and extra-curricular activities along with experiential learning are taken care of alike.
- English Language and General Awareness (ELGA)
Customised according to child’s needs. Students started with a skill gap of 2.7 years. In just one year, our students, across schools, have grown by 1.8 years in their English language skills making it growth of 1750%.
Instead of making this subject boring, the unique Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract (CPA) approach ensures that each student loves Math by finding solutions by relating the problems with their daily lives.
- Science and Social Science
Students get involved in discussions where they are presented simulating real experiences.
7 themes in a year using EVS Topics
- Music & Movement
- Physical Education
Our 5 Pillars of Quality Education
- Lessons are imparted through our world-class teachers through our app which has detailed lesson plans and audio-visual resources.
- Enable every child to become proficient in the English language using a world-renowned, level-based English curriculum.
- Build conceptual clarity in Math and Science with our Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract approach to Math, and ‘Learning by Doing’ approach to Science.
- Caters to every child uniquely with customised remedial classes based on assessment.
- Ensures sync between teachers, parents, and the school for the unified goal of your child’s academic excellence.
An academic year at LEAD School is divided into units which further is divided into a day plan. The number of units and number of day plans is designed keeping in mind the need for each sub-school, which is pre-primary, primary, middle, high, and ELGA.